Advancing Regional Prosperity through Quality of Place and Community Workforce Attraction Grants
As part of an overarching strategy for improving economic and community prosperity in the Indiana Uplands, Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc. (ROI) is opening up a new grant opportunity to the 11 counties of our region.
Ready Communities grants will provide counties and communities with resources to strategically develop programs that build quality of place, grow regional capacity for workforce development and attraction, and improve the attributes and amenities that make the Indiana Uplands a desirable place to live, work, and play.
- Up to $50,000 planning grant per county.
- Eligible counties include Brown, Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Orange, Owen, and Washington.
- Eligible applicants should represent organizations with a countywide mission, including nonprofits, county elected bodies, local economic development organizations, and others.
- Grant applications may be submitted as early as November 1, 2018. Final deadline for counties to apply is December 31, 2018.
- Counties awarded a Ready Communities Planning Grant will develop a Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plan.
- Grant funds will be used to help multi-disciplinary planning teams with a countywide planning process. Project funding may be used for costs associated with the planning process, including stakeholder engagement, technical assistance, work completed by consultants, or subject matter experts. Environmental studies, engineering design, or similar types of planning activities may also qualify as eligible expenditures.
Following the Ready Communities Planning Grant stage, up to $3 million in implementation grants will be available in 2019-2020 to eligible organizations within counties that have completed Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans. Ready Communities Implementation Grants will be used for Aesthetics and Beautification Enhancements, Connectivity Infrastructure Development, and/or Community Cohesion & Support initiatives. See examples.
Download Grant Packet Materials
- Ready Communities Program Summary (PDF, 2 sided)
- Ready Communities Program Timeline (PDF, 2 sided)
- Ready Communities Planning Grant Guidelines (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities Preparing Planning Grant Proposals (PDF, 2 sided)
- Ready Communities Preparing Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities Implementation Grants Summary (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities County Data Packs
Download Grant Slide Deck
Have questions? Please contact Lauren Travis, Regional Opportunity Fund Project Manager at email@example.com or call (812) 287-8116 or toll-free at 844-316-7668.
Recent News on Ready Communities