Regional Opportunity Initiatives (ROI) welcomed six new graduation and career coaches who will begin working in Southwest Central Indiana schools this fall. ROI, in partnership with Ivy Tech Community College – Bloomington, is launching the pilot graduation and career coaching program in nine public school districts. Working closely with school administrators and counseling teams, the coaches will support targeted groups of students most at-risk for not attaining high school diplomas.
- Karen Barry – Salem Community School Corporation
- Terry Hollis – Crawford County Community Schools
- Justin Lowry – Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- Stephanie Stoll – Bloomfield School District and Loogootee Community Schools
- Melanie Humbard – Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Patty Goldman – Monroe County Community School Corporation and Richland-Bean Blossom Community School Corporation
The graduation and career coaching program is aimed at improving graduation rates and preparing students for pathways into technical certifications, associate degrees, and other postsecondary degree programs.
UPDATE (9/23/16): This week, Ivy Tech and ROI hired two additional graduation and career coaches who will begin working with North Lawrence Community Schools and Washington Community Schools. Join us in welcoming Vonda Clay (Lawrence) Waleed Ma’arouf (Washington) to the team!